Sometimes I like to get creative. I've been on a little bit of a kick lately, so hopefully having this page up will be motivation enough for me to keep making stuff. My current goal is one doodle a day. I have completely and utterly failed at that goal, but I might try again some day soon. Note that I also like to dabble in stuff I admittedly suck at, so don't expect everything (or anything) here to be a masterpiece. Also, there will be no NSFW stuff here ever.
Blame Doki Doki Literature Club for this. Poetry is pretty fun, once you tear it away from the hands of snooty old men from the 1950's who try to be too fancy for their own good. I'm not going to post anything too serious or personal here for the time being.
I'll admit I'm not great. I'm trying to get better, though. I'm still at the point where I'm trying to nail down the most basic stuff with proportions and body shapes and the like. That may take a while. Oh well.
I tend to draw either on the blank side of a 3x5 index card (they're portable and cheap!) or in the DotPict app on my phone, touching up with mtPaint on my computer. Digital art would be cool, but I don't have a drawing tablet so that's nigh-on impossible.
- Inviz playing a GameBoy (2018-07-21) - Was bored waiting to get my scanner back. Drew a thing. Tried colored pencils, and I like how that turned out. Ditto with the red pen. Too much black ink, though.
- Pokémon: Let's Go protag with beta Tangela in National Park (2018-06-04) - The Pokémon Gold and Silver betas had just dropped, along with the trailer for the new Pokémon games for the Switch. Combined the two. I like the line art (weird mouth aside), but the coloring is just lazy, really.
- Persona (2018-04-05) Ya know, sometimes when you feel a bit... constrained, having an outlet as freeform as this is pretty nice. Yeah, that's me there. Hi.
- Sonic CD-styled Sonic and Blaze waiting for the bus (2018-04-04) - I saw this guy on YouTube do these Toei Sonic tutorials. Made my own. Added a Blaze in there, too. The coloring is a bit strange, but the best I've done yet.
- Ghost Under the Light (2018-03-30) - Get it? DDLC reference! Nah, there's actually a bit of a story behind this. I might tell it later. Kind of personal.
- Mario Running (2018-03-11) - Wanted to draw this for March 10 (MAR10), but I was a day late. I like it, but the shading could have turned out a little better.
- @Taxiderby's Puro (2018-03-01) - Saw this cool character design for a new Kirby 64-esque game on Twitter. Had to draw her. Inking could be better, but that's what I get for using an ancient version of Photoshop.
- Opposite bodies (2018-02-22) - Drew the basic shapes for a tall skinny man and a short fat woman. The woman definitely looks weird, because I'm not great at drawing fat yet. Also I don't think people are typically that short, at least not with 6-head proportions.
- Robot companion (2018-02-20) - Was naughty and doodled during math class. (I paid attention and took notes too, don't worry.) Decided to hash out some ideas for a robot companion, from a couple different stylistic eras. I like 2 and 3 the best, in a WALL-E and EVE sort of way.
- Inviz clothing reference sheet (2018-02-19) - Actually trying with proportions and body construction. 6 heads might be too much, though. Also throwing quick and dirty clothing ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks. I like the first and fifth ones for her.
- Dr. Coyle from ARMS (pixelart) (2018-02-07) - It's meh. The face feels a bit off and the eyes aren't quite as "insane" as I want. DotPict doesn't let you move things around which makes fixing stuff a pain. I like the hair, though.
- Inviz floating outside (pixelart) (2018-02-06) - There we go. That's the design. I really like the background too.
- Inviz pixel art (2018-02-05) - Started with the face then worked down. Pretty close to final design, though proportions are a bit funky.
- Inviz character concepts (2016-02-05) - Getting her design on paper for the first time. Not quite there yet...
- Yuri from DDLC stroking hair (No spoilers) (2018-01-25) - Messing around with Blender and an absurd amount of Photoshop layers. The breathing is a bit dramatic, in hindsight.